Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Merry Christmas!

Twas the night before Christmas
When all through our house,
While Grandpa read stories
Grandkids sat quiet as a mouse.


Scott brought his kids.
Marisha had to work.
The hospital, it seems,
doesn't sleep - always alert.

B & Laura's Christmas Eve first
Sat watching the kids
I'm sure they were glad
They were not hers or his.

Bill & Claire, always kind
With 3 kids and Bill's sister.
We're glad they all came.
Without Sherene, we'd have missed her.

After stories came treats.
All the kids dug right in.
Hoping first to be finished,
They all tried to win.

No more food, no more treats
Santa is soon on his way.
Back home in new jammies
To wait for his sleigh.

Ah, now our stockings are hung
By our fireplace with care.
But wait, what's that third one
Hung in the middle, there?

Christmas morning was quiet.
Just the two of us home.
With pleasant dreams of our kids
Doing Christmas on their own.


Merry Christmas to all. And to all a good night!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

you are silly mom.. nice poem!!! but you never stated what the third stocking was.... anyway i lug you!

Dan and Heather said...

What was that middle stocking?!

mj said...

love the poem. please tell me you're not having another child. please.

Karen Hauley said...

If I have another child I would ruin Dr. Pitts record - couldn't do than now, could I?

Lindsey said...

Love the poem, clever as usual! What a great Christmas!

Cancer Free!

babies