Tuesday, January 1, 2008

And a Happy New Year!

This morning I went out to shovel snow . . . again. Apparently this was the wettest December for Salt Lake City since 1930 something, and while we're very grateful for the snow, it has been a bit of a chore to keep cleared. My mantra has been "Shovel with gratitude and joy. The trial overcome in the winter brings blessed spring renewal and peace."
The photo above faces toward the east. The brick planter box is buried. Richard shoveled the bridge so it could be seen. Lots of fun animals travel through the yard looking for water and food.
The photo below shows where we are now trying to push the snow. The sides of the driveway are piled higher than they can hold (look closely at the left of the photo - the west side of the driveway), so we are pushing it to the space between us and Lindgren's. That space is getting filled fast and it means that I am carrying shovel-fulls from the driveway or the asphalt parking spot over to that north side.
The photo below shows the north sidewalk. It's a little deceiving because as I shovel now, I'm throwing it as far from the walk as possible. The ground between us and Clawson's slopes downward quite a bit, but it's now leveling off as I fill it in.

We are definitely in a winter wonderland. Today the sun is shining and the snow is sparkling. It's very cold, though, so I'm happy to be inside getting some new year's projects started.
Happy New Year to all!

2 comments:

mj said...

it's POURING rain here. has been all day and they're expecting it to continue for a few more days. places are flooding. the wind is really strong and it's knocking over trees, trucks, fences, etc. i took leah outside to experience the rain on our balcony and she just stared in awe. she kept sticking her arm out so she could feel the cold raindrops. i'm sure this rain will bring you yet another snowy storm. sorry.

Unknown said...

very big storms mom.. you need to not shovel...i don't want you getting hurt. but i lug you! here is a comment for you, dont' say we don't check your blog:)

Cancer Free!

babies