Monday, November 24, 2008

Neal A. Maxwell Sees Our Day in 1978

Of Neal A. Maxwell, President Gordon B. Hinkley said,
"I know of no other man who spoke in such an interesting and distinct manner. His genius was the product of diligence. He was a perfectionist determined to exact from every phrase and sentence vivid imagery that brought the gospel to life. Each talk was a masterpiece, each book was a work of art. I think we shall not see one like him again."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMMu4Sv0-QI

2 comments:

Unknown said...

cute new background shmoj.. and props on doing it all by yourself:) i have taught you well:)

mj said...

So, apparently Scott McPhie got this quote via email (the script of it) yesterday and said he would forward it to Ryan and I. We ended up talking about this for a looooong time last night. I've been having a rough time lately because I feel that the Prop 8 decision for me, morally, is a no-brainer. Politically it's more gray...but that's because it's not a political issue, it's a moral issue and we are being forced to make it political. It makes me grateful for a living prophet who can guide us through these decisions and help me make the right decision when I only have enough information to make a "gray" decision. Does that even make sense? I even wrote about it in my journal last night (I haven't done that in awhile) because it was just one of those "aha!" moments for me personally, and for my testimony of the church and a living prophet.

Cancer Free!

babies