Sunday, February 10, 2008

Snowshoeing!



A week ago we had a one-day break in this winter's very consistent snow storms. It was one of the most beautiful winter days I've ever seen - the day of President Hinckley's funeral. Early that morning I went up Millcreek Canyon to snowshoe with some friends from the hospital wellness program. We started at the gate and snowshoed the summer road. The amount of snow was unbelievable! But the beauty of the sun creeping over the mountain top was breathtaking. We ventured off the road a few times to get a good workout in deep powder and I think I've discovered a new interest in winter sports. It was definitely better than shovelling the driveway.

2 comments:

Dan and Heather said...

now if we could just get you on a snowboard!

Unknown said...

that sounds like you had fun mom but i bet you are having WAY more fun soaking up the vitamin d rays in mexico right now!

Cancer Free!

babies