Sunday, October 7, 2007

Tag . . . You're It!

In response to both Maren and Kelli . . . I’ve been tagged. This will make much more sense if you read their blogs first.

1. I’ve seen ALL Indiana Jones movies . . .
2. . . . and all Star Wars movies. I like the original 3 best. The actor playing Anikan grown up . . . too whimpy to be Darth Vadar.
3. I just bought peppermint ice cream because it’s always sold out in December. Thanks for the tip, mare.
4. I’m glad I never had a c-section, but I do have a perpetual smile from the same type of incision.
5. I’m still not sure about a marathon, but I’ve committed to the Salt Lake City ½ marathon in April 2008. If the legs don’t get any stronger, I’ll be walking it. KB, you can come if you want.
6. Maren, if you come run the ½ with me in April, we’ll make it prettier this time.
7. I’m not pet retarded, just pet averse. Sorry, Dan.
8. I’m pretty much a mess because I cry watching The Biggest Loser.
9. My spelling bee nemesis . . . building. I spelled it biulding. (And I just had to correct spell check – it didn’t want to let me spell it wrong.)
10. I love the states goals but I think I’ll start a countries goal.
11. The ethnicity confusion is my bad ~ I grew up believing I was part Sioux Indian (hence, the middle name, Sue.)
12. I also love Christmas music ~ XM Radio is fantastic ~ many genres of Christmas music; no commercials.
13. Can you say Clothing & Textiles? It was such a great major that BYU killed it.
14. My favorite book? I’m not being cheesy ~ The Book of Mormon. Reading it in Spanish gave me a whole different perspective. It’s the only book I’ve read more than once.
15. Sixteen was so long ago I can’t remember my first driver license, but it was a California license and the tests were tons harder than Utah’s.
16. They say that doing crossword puzzles will reduce your likelihood of getting Alzheimer’s disease. I’m going to have to find an alternate method.
17. My mother’s name is Elmo. I always won “the worst relative’s name” contests.
18. Sorry about the cankles, Mare. KB, you got Elmo’s ankles.
19. I’m really bad at writing letters. I have good intentions with little follow through. E-mail is my friend.
20. I’ve become a selective ribbon keeper.
21. I like the slow method for unwrapping a gift . . . one at a time, one person at a time.
22. Maren, did you ever check Richard’s GPA? I don’t’ know if I was higher. No contest with me and your dad ~ I was Cum Laude as well.
23. I love all colors of tulips & white roses.
24. German chocolate pie . . . yum. It was the only thing that tasted remotely good on my last birthday . . . one day after my last chemo infusion.
25. I love making lists, bullet points are great, but I can’t do it just to take up time – it has to be productive.
26. I am also a choir nerd ~ never wanted to be a lead singer.
27. I had a bloody nose every day when I was 7.
28. Prescriptions aren’t fun. I avoid them whenever possible, even if a doctor (Buys) says I need it. I will take control of my own body. I’ve refused more than one in the past year.
29. I’ve never really worked anywhere scary, unless you count Kopper Kards. OSHA would have flipped.
30. I only sleep with Richard. He’s all I need to keep warm.
31. I always wanted to be a secretary. Dream big.
32. I’ve been in 2 car accidents. The first at age 18, kinda scary. The 2nd, last year when I bumped Edith Rose’s nose. She was sad.
33. Harrison Ford was my favorite actor until he pierced his ear and started hanging out with Calista Flockhart.
34. I like The Biggest Loser . . . and The Office. “You killed Sprinkles!”
35. I’m a cereal fan for breakfast, usually Cheerios. My cholesterol is good.
36. I was never in a school play.
37. My inseam is the same as Richard’s and he’s 4 inches taller than me. Gotta love the extra long femurs.
38. I have never eaten cooked Ramen Noodles, the way they are intended to be eaten.
39. I wish I was more creative in identifying great surprises. I love to be surprised.
40. I’m far too unbalanced for ballet however, one of my strength exercises is one-leg balancing, one-leg mini squats, and one-leg balancing with eyes closed. I’ve become much better at toweling off one leg at a time after showering.
41. I love to cook ~ on rainy days when I can stay home and enjoy the smells and warmth of the kitchen.
42. Feeling comfortable about your appearance gets easier with age however, baldness tested my self confidence to the limit.
43. Just five me nitrous oxide.
44. Even better than gummi bears ~ orange slices. Elmo liked them, too.
45. Baths are inspiring.
46. After 9:00pm, Richard and I are asleep, hence (da da) everyone is asleep.
47. Sleeping on the floor is genetic. Prampa often took a nap on the living room floor after work.
48. One work: alagonchy. It will need to be submitted for a revision to Webster’s because of common use.
49. I lost weight in the 3rd trimester when pregnant with Maren. It was scary. She was tiny.
50. I can’t say that I’ve ever met a true celebrity.
51. GPA’s are forgotten over time ~ as is much of what was “learned”.
52. I try not to jump to conclusions as quickly as I used to. I have adopted the Crucial Conversations “Why would a reasonable, rational, and decent person do that?’ and Seven Habits Habit #5, ”Seek first to understand, then to be understood” philosophies.
53. I didn’t have my own bike until I was 17. I learned to ride on the most ginormous, old, hand-me-down bike ~ I think it was built in 1940.
54. I had a goal not to marry a second time unless I found a man who met my bery strict criteria. I thought I had set the bar too high to worry about ~ I was wrong.
55. I had a poem published in my high school literary book.
56. I’m banned from the Colgate booth at the ADA Convention.
57. I like yellow.
58. I’ve thrown up only 3 times in my life ~ only once while pregnant and never during chemo. Maren, you threw up 30 times last Friday. Are you pregnant?
59. The one time Maren answered the phone at home it was a $1,000 radio contest.
60. Be Good. Do Your Best. Work Hard. It’s still good advice.

2 comments:

mj said...

i'm laughing out loud right now...

um, yes i checked richard's GPA. with that secret access, whose GPA did I NOT check?? you beat him just about as bad as you beat dad. hands down. wow.

and NO I'M NOT PREGNANT. but i definitley had food posioning. poor dan and heather.

and that is funny about answering the phone. i forgot i never used to answer the phone. nothing has changed. i still don't answer. i'm definitley a screener...and my phone often dies because i never charge it. oh well.

The Marshalls said...

good list mom.. i liked it.

Cancer Free!

babies