Little Leah is having a vacation in Salt Lake while Ryan and Maren are in China. She has been with her Grandma Layton for about a week, but yesterday I picked her up so that we could play for a few days while I'm not working. She hadn't had her afternoon nap yet, so when we got home - she crashed - and slept like this for about 1-1/2 hours.Maren made a card for Leah to open every day while they're gone. Each card tells Leah something that her mommy loves about her and includes a picture. This is Leah opening her card for Thursday, August 7th. Mommy loves Leah's little feet.

After eating some yummy strawberries and fresh snap peas, Leah and I went to the annual Relief Society summer party at Doris Peterson's house. It was a "pool" party and Leah really wanted to jump into the pool, but we held her back. She ate 1/2 of Doris' dinner and 1/2 of my dinner - watermelon, pineapple and chicken. Everyone LOVED Leah - and wanted to know where Maren was. (Notice the pig tails? I don't know how Maren does this - it's tricky.)

After partying for a couple of hours, it was time to come home and get ready for bed. Leah had a bath and splashed like a maniac. She got a shmoj masshage and helped put on her cute jammies. Then it was time to brush teeth, say prayers, and hug pink dollie. night-night!

Leah slept good all night (in spite of a smoke alarm sounding once - no smoke, no fire, just random) and when pink dollie started to "talk" at about 7:15am, Leah played for about 1/2 hour then I went in to get her. These are the beautiful eyes that greeted me.

Breakfast was Grandma's good apricot meusli (fresh apricots from our trees) with strawberries on top, and some "leah toast". I am amazed at how happy she is - so verrrrry much fun to play with.

We've had another bath now and she wanted to spend more time with pink dollie - she scooted to the bedroom where her crib is and knew exactly where she was going. Glad I had a chance to post some pictures while she naps and hope that Ryan and Maren can see them while they are travelling. We love them and miss them lots, but THANK YOU for letting me spend some time with little leahlicious!

2 comments:
mom those pictures are adorable!!!! seriously.. and that picture of her waking up with her binky.. can we say carbon copy of ryan?? man so jealous you are with leah bean.
oh, that was just perfect. thanks for posting! we will look at them every day. :) love you guys!
Post a Comment