It's been awhile since I've posted anything, so I decided to get as much in this post as I could. Here's the month of May . . . It started (well, sort of in the middle of the month) with the annual Koman Race for the Cure 5k. I decided to try for a personal best in a 5k and was feeling pretty good. But I hadn't anticipated that it would be quite so emotional (or crowded). It is the largest race in Utah, with more than 17,000 walkers/runners this year. I couldn't believe how long it took to move that many people down the street. So I weaved in and out of baby strollers, wheel chairs, families holding hands, and all ages, while reading sentiments of hope pinned to shirt backs. Yes, I cried a couple of times, and I didn't get my personal best, but I didn't do too badly either - 34 minutes.
This was my view from the start of the race. It took me 5 minutes just to get to the start line - the pink balloon arch. And while you go through the arch again on the way back - it's not the finish line - oh, no. Finish is down the street, around the corner, around another corner, and through the Gateway. Psych!
Mid-May was time for another hair cut. I have to keep the mullet under control. So, to keep you updated, here's the side view . . .

. . . and the back view. If the sides would just catch up to the back, well, no complaints. Any hair is a good hair day.

Over
Memorial Day weekend, Richard and I took our annual trip to Jackson Hole. The weather was generally rainy, but it was so nice to get away from the city and work, and breathe fresh air. The parade on Saturday morning was Jackson typical - there is always at least one goofball float . . . The hike on Sunday was absolutely gorgeous. It was the best weather day of the weekend, and even through we slogged through snow on about 1/2 of the trail, it was a great 8.8 mile hike. We hiked a trail around Jackson lake and found an occasional clearing with great views of the lake and the Tetons.

Overlooking this view of the lake, we stopped to eat our "lunch". No roasted hot dogs this year.

And we couldn't leave the Park without taking the annual "picture by the side of the road". We never saw the top of the Grand the whole weekend - this is as close as we got. Beautiful, nonetheless.

On the last day of the month we celebrated a family wedding. Tabitha (my sister, Judy's daughter) was married to Nick Geer. Here's the happy couple coming out of the Jordan River Temple.

It was a good time to gather with family. Scott and Marisha brought their cute kids . . . Arianne . . .

. . . and Wesley.

Patsy was a trooper the whole day. She was at the wedding in the morning and lasted through the whole day to the reception at the end.
Todd brought a friend we had not yet met . . . Raquel. They make a very cute couple.
Don't ya think?

2 comments:
fun updates. LOVE your hair!
so fun.. i, too, love your hair. you look great mom.. and i teared up a little with the survivor picture! i love you so much!
Post a Comment